Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine Sketch





















In my memory, after the fun family trip and way back to go home, I always fell asleep in the car. And when I woke up in the middle of the driving, I always saw my parents holding their hand together. Although they are not talking, or looking at  each other, I love that quite and lovely moment of them.

I am thinking about doing this in watercolor to give more calm and quite feeling.
thinking about having a sunset background, but not sure yet since it feels little cheesy…

Thumbnail sketches. I had another composition but I didn't choose it because Iwanted to show the outside of the car.



1 comment:

  1. Looking good so far Amy. I like the composition that you chose, I definitely agree that showig the outside will help a lot with the narrative. But conversely, I think that your concept could be pushed futher. The idea of parents minor shows of affection is a pretty mutual experience, but maybe think on how you can make this a universal idea that evokes memories for others.
    I would be careful of some unitentional tangents such as the picture with the road. I would also try and push the appearence of your mother and father, make them seem older at first glance they look like a teenage couple. But that could also be worked to your benefit.
    Take care and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete