Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Baltimore Map Research

Hello! I spent my time in the Hampden area. I really haven't gotten the chance to explore Baltimore yet, and it's one of the areas that was most highly recommended to me! I took the lightrail with my roommate, and we walked to various locations and asked managers if they would mind us drawing in their stores. We stayed in each store about 45 minutes to an hour and a half, just talking to the people working and sketching. It was really pleasant! We also went into this really great pagan supply store, but we weren't allowed to draw, since there was a psychic reading going on.
My most successful sketches were from Atomic Books, Lovely Yarns, Suzie's Soba, and Caravanserai, respectively.

Atomic Books took all my money.
Lovely Yarns--EVERYONE HERE IS SO NICE
If you go to Suzie's Soba, get the steamed chicken dumplings and spicy pad thai.

Caravanserai is a little expensive!! But they have a lot a lot of interesting beads and imported fabrics.

I'm still not entirely sure what the focus of my map is yet, but I have Wednesday off, so I'll probably keep exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment