For the semester-long project, I’m redesigning the Maryland state background scene plates. The current two can be seen here.
I’m focusing on Baltimore-area scenes and ideas. Over the weekend I went to the Inner Harbor, as well as walked around Mount Vernon to get ideas. This is the (current) list of the plates I would like to design:
1. Edgar Allan Poe- His grave and the Poe Toaster (I still need to get to Poe’s grave to get a reference photo)
2. CRABS!!- specifically blue
3. The Aquarium and/or Tall Ships
4. Brown Building and the Rainbow Bridge (come on don’t we deserve our own special plates?)
5. Baltimore Washington Monument
6. Baltimore Oriole- the bird and I would like to find a way to combine it with the Baltimore Oriole logo as well to show the connection
7. Combine the state flower (Black-eyed Susan) and state insect (Baltimore Checkerspot Butterly)- I want to go to the Walters this week and see if they have a specimen of the butterfly I could use for reference instead of sitting around and hoping to spot one.
Not going to post all of the photos I took, but I'll post a couple.
This is in The Gallery mall, and I thought it would be a good jumping-off point for the crab-based license plate.
Ship from the Inner Harbor.