Sunday, September 27, 2009

3 Word Illustration - Part 2

I didn't see the more recent critiques on my old one until after I finished coloring... And the scanner's color is slightly off compared to the actual image. The tiger is much brighter and the ring's striped wall is actually red and blue, not brown and blue.

I do understand what people were saying about the whip not coming across as a whip, but I honestly didn't realize that until after I colored. I also know that the whip is really dark in comparison to everything else; does anybody have any ideas on how to lighten it up? It's colored pencil, and I've tried erasing and using white colored pencil over it, but it didn't really work.

As for the technique I used: watercolor was put down for the sand and wall, and then colored pencil on the tiger/smoke/whip, with watercolor over that and then some more colored pencil over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment