Monday, September 21, 2009

Sketch Plunders

Hi There. These really aren't as 'post-quality' as I would like, but I could definitely use the feedback. First off we have my crappy little 6x6 Urbanite fortune cookie spot Illustration. My fortune was "Diligence is the mother of good fortune."


This here is the revised version, I'm much more pleased with it, but also wondering if I should change anything before I attack it with ink. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. The concept is that the performer here trained dillegently for her gold medal and that these figures (which I will fade out when inking) represent her past work with her good fortune in the foreground. Obviously I need to tone down those figures a lot before i finish, but otherwise, any thoughts (especially anatomy wise)?



Lastly we have my editorial illustration assignment. This is not turning around as nice as I would like. I feel like the basketball players are dominating less of the composition and by bringing the yoga people in I'm focusing more on the meat of the article but the composition seems halved to me, there are crazy issues with perspective, and all sorts of other anomalies. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

2 comments:

  1. In the second one, I feel like the sizes of the characters are confusing, if they are intended to be actually sharing the same space, that is. If this is kind of a collage of two scenes, maybe make some sort of division by shading two different backgrounds blending together? if they are in the same space, i'd maybe lay out a perspective grid to help gauge the sizes of the people better and place them in the space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the crit, I am TERRIBLE at perspective, this peice has been driving me nuts. I like the idea of the collaged scene though, I think I will play with that idea further.

    ReplyDelete