Thursday, April 12, 2012

Inspiration Day

Saturday (rather than Wednesday) I took a trip to Atomic Books for my inspiration day. I checked out the gross comics, even bought one by R. Crumb (and a magazine about Ed Roth) for some inspiring disgusting imagery. (Evidence of my adventure below.) Basically, I spent my Saturday just viewing some stuff that came from artists before who did some of the original "grotesque close up art."

However, on Wednesday, on the actual inspiration day, I did some thumb nailing of scenes from the movie Amelie which I wanted to make grotesque. (See below) I scanned them and from the images scanned, I began doing some rendering, fleshing, and color testing. I reviewed some of the art from Saturday and some scenes in cartoons (Ren and Stimpy, Spongebob) that are known for their use of unsettling close-ups, which are the main point of my project. Also attached at the bottom is one of the pieces that I am furthest along on, still have to finish the body, the puddle he'll be laying in, the tears, and a bit of an implied environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment